Moving can be a stressful time. Packing up everything you own and moving it to a new place can be quite a process whether you’re moving out of state or just across town. And after the move it can take a little while to feel at home in your new place.
Working with a trusted, experienced real estate agent can make the whole process of buying and selling a home go smoothly, as well as the move itself. Here are 5 Tips for making your move an easy transition from top real estate agents in Greensboro.
- Plan ahead. Sometimes life can’t be planned, but planning as much as possible for a move can make the process much smoother. Start packing the things you don’t use very often ahead of time. A storage unit can sometimes be helpful in the transition between homes. To put your home on the market in the first place, it is best to declutter and empty out your home as much as possible. Putting some things in a storage unit can be a good solution for items you need to move now, but still wish to use later in your new home.
- Reserve your moving day plans. If you’re using a moving service, reserve your moving date with them as soon as you know when it will be. If you’re renting a truck and moving yourself, reserve one well in advance. Weekends are especially busy days for moving, so if you’re planning to move on a Saturday or Sunday, make your reservation in plenty of time.
- Pack strategically. Think about the things you will need right away and for the first night in your new home. Pack an overnight bag with clothes and toiletries to take in your own vehicle. Pack bedding and towels somewhere that will be easy to find (perhaps also in your own vehicle) so that after a long day of moving, everyone can get ready for bed and go to bed without hassle. If your move is a long distance, pack a few days-worth of clothes and toiletries in case you arrive before the moving truck.
- Unpack as soon as possible. Start getting things put away and situated right away. The sooner you do so, the sooner you’ll feel at home. Hang up some familiar pictures and décor that you plan to use from your old home and the familiar items will be of comfort.
- Help children feel comfortable. Moving can be stressful for children, but you can make it easier by involving them in the whole process from packing to unpacking. Let them help pack their own items. Have them set aside some favorite toys and stuffed animals to be packed separately so that they will have access to familiar items along the way. Make sure their favorite stuffed animal or blanket can be easily located for bedtime.
Smith Marketing Real Estate Agents in Greensboro can Help your Move Go Smoothly
In addition to these tips, working with reliable real estate agents in Greensboro can make the transition much easier. Your real estate agent can help with the scheduling of closing dates and make sure all paperwork is completed on time in preparation for closing. Smith Marketing and Allen Tate Realtors® can help make your move a seamless transition. Call today to speak with an agent about buying or selling a home: (336) 215-7880.