If you are in the market for a new home and also need to sell your current home, Allen Tate Realtors in Greensboro can help you with both. The Smith Marketing team of Allen Tate Realtors will work to get your home sold quickly at a good price. Together we also help you find the new home you’ve been looking for that meets your requirements and is within your price range. We work with you every step of the way from preparing your current home for sale to closing on the new home of your dreams.
Preparing to Sell
When you make the decision to sell your home, there are some steps you can take to make the process easier:
- Prepare yourself emotionally. Your home means a lot to you. People often develop deep emotional connections to the homes they live in. It can be difficult to get used to the idea of selling a place you love. Do your best to get yourself ready before the process begins.
- Spruce up the place. Some basic tidying, cleaning, painting, and improvements go a long way in terms of curb appeal. First impressions are everything. Be sure to put your best foot forward.
- Declutter. Put away knickknacks and collectables. Less is more; it makes your home look bigger when it is emptier. Put some things in storage during the selling process if necessary.
- Depersonalize. Put away family pictures and personal items. Potential buyers need to be able to picture themselves in the home.
- Lighten up. Be sure your home looks bright and airy. Lighter spaces look bigger. Add additional lighting if necessary or use brighter bulbs in light fixtures. Open up blinds, shades, and curtains before viewings.
- Thin out storage. Make your closets look bigger by removing a lot of clothing and other storage. Leave just the items you may need to use during the selling process.
- Keep your home show-ready. Potential buyers may want to come for tours at any time. Be flexible and keep the house in show-ready condition all the time. You don’t want to have to rush around to tidy up every time someone wants to tour your home.
Preparing to Buy
Before buying a home there are some important things to do:
- Check out the community. This includes looking into the school district if you have children. Make sure the schools are good and that the community around the home is an environment you want to live in.
- Look closely. Potential problems are easily covered up with paint and other superficial improvements. Keep an eye out for things that look amiss.
- Consider storage space. One of the most important aspects of a home is one of the most often overlooked: storage space. Everyone needs to have room to put their stuff, and everyone has different storage requirements. Make sure the house has sufficient closets and attic space to meet your needs.
- Insist on an inspection. This one is definitely worth it. You want to make sure that a professional inspects the structure, foundation, roof, plumbing, etc. so that you know the house is worth the asking price and that there are no major problems with the home.
Smith Marketing and Allen Tate Realtors are a winning combination
When it comes to selling homes, Smith Marketing has the expertise to list your home so that it sells in good time for a decent price. When it comes to buying homes, Smith Marketing and Allen Tate Realtors in Greensboro can help you find an existing home, new home, or lot that meets your distinct requirements. Together we make the process smooth and painless. Contact us online or call (336) 539-2800.
For more advise on buying and selling homes, visit: http://www.today.com/home/real-estate-advice-what-know-about-buying-or-selling-home-1D80406951