You’re considering starting your search of Greensboro homes for sale, but you have your own home to sell. The stress of timing your sale with your new home purchase can result in a tense process. One way to lessen the load is to increase your home’s curb appeal for faster selling.
Tips to Improve the Curb Appeal of Your Greensboro Home
- Wash the exterior – Wash the exterior, including the windows and siding, and pressure-wash the brick/siding/decks. Give it a good overall clean by wiping it down and removing built up mildew and gunk. A simple washing can add several thousand dollars to the sale prices of some homes.
- Roof repair – Repair the roof. Ignoring it can cost you potential buyers and result in lower offers. Many people want a move in ready home, not one that immediately needs several thousand dollars of work. Cleaning, removing mold, replacing shingles, or replacing the roof can save you money in the long run.
- Freshen the paint – Just as you will freshen the interior paint it’s important to freshen paint on the exterior structures, trim, and gutters. A fresh coat of paint can make your home look newer and cleaner.
- Driveway – Clean, repair, and seal the driveway, or add fresh gravel to your gravel driveway. This is the first place a potential buyer will likely see when visiting for a showing. Make it count by showing you maintained your pavement.
- Landscape – Mow the lawn regularly and present your yard in a neat tidy manner. Well-pruned bushes, splashes of flowers, a manicured lawn, and fresh mulch can do wonders for potential buyers. Your care for your yard reflects on your care for your home.
- Declutter – You’re used to stepping over the occasion skateboard or toy. Don’t introduce your home to potential buyers with stray items laying around. Pick up garbage, bikes, tools and other items that you may conveniently have sitting around to enhance the tidiness of your home.
- Replace entryway fixtures – Updating door knobs and locks can increase appeal and give your home a more contemporary look.
Sell Your Home and Begin Looking for Houses for Sale in Greensboro
The above tips are fairly obvious and mostly inexpensive but you would be surprised at the number of home sellers that don’t take these basic steps. With some time and effort you can quickly boost your curb appeal so you can sell your home faster. Start improving your curb appeal today so you can focus on finding a new Greensboro home for sale. Better yet, call and meet the award winning team of experts at Smith Marketing that are ready to help you with your home buying and selling experience. Call Jason Smith at 336-451-4921 or Jeff Smith at 336-663-1320