Are you searching in Greensboro, NC for homes for sale and unsure if you want to build a custom home or buy a pre-owned home? Learn about the pros and cons of both to help you make the right decision on where you will live next.
Advantages of Building a Custom Home in Greensboro NC:
Building a custom home takes longer than buying a pre-existing home, but the benefits are bountiful.
- As the name indicates, you can tailor your home by building custom. Customize the layout, style, location and more.
- When you move in, you won’t have to worry about updating, repairing, or expending funds on maintenance.
- New homes are usually more energy efficient so you’ll decrease the size of your carbon footprint and your monthly energy bills.
Disadvantages of Building a Custom Home:
While getting the home of your dreams can be a dream come true, there are some drawbacks to consider:
- It can be slightly more expensive than purchasing a pre-owned home.
- It takes a lot longer from contract signing to finalization to move into your new home.
Advantages of Buying a Pre-Owned Home:
While you cannot customize the design of a pre-existing home with the freedom of building your own, there are plenty of pros to choosing pre-owned:
- Because it is already built, it’s convenient. Upon financing and offer acceptance, you can typically move in within 30 days.
- It can cost less because you are not spending money designing layouts and breaking ground for a new home.
- You can choose from established neighborhoods that have the characteristics you’re seeking in schools, entertainment, and other factors.
Disadvantages of Buying a Pre-Owned Home:
It may be more convenient and less costly, but there are a few cons to consider if you decide to go with a pre-existing home:
- You may have to update the interior to your style preference upon moving in, which might include painting and flooring.
- You will likely have to spend more money on maintenance and repairs sooner than if you custom build.
- You will likely have to update the appliances, cut back an overgrown yard and check under the house for moisture problems.
Make Your Search for Greensboro, NC Homes for Sale Simpler by Partnering with Experts
Searching for Greensboro, NC homes for sale and trying to make the decision to build new or buy pre-owned can be both exciting and overwhelming. Whether you choose to build new or buy pre-owned, working with qualified real estate agents will ensure you make the right decision. Smith Marketing Inc. has more than two decades’ experience helping buyers select both custom homes and pre-owned Greensboro NC homes for sale. Make the right decision today by partnering with Smith Marketing Inc. and call Jason Smith at 336-451-4921 or Jeff Smith at 336-215-7880 to start your home buying process.